Understanding our people
HH Construction (Groundwork Contractors) Ltd is committed to be an Equal Opportunities Employer in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 – ‘legally protects people from discrimination in the workplace and in wider society. The Equality Act 2010 replaces previous anti-discrimination laws with a single Act, making the law easier to understand and strengthening protection in some situations.
We value diversity by providing equality of opportunity to employees following working practices that are free from unfair and unlawful discrimination and encourage mutual trust and respect for individuals.
Our aim at HH Construction (Groundwork Contractors) Ltd is to ensure that no employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of:
- Gender, including Transgender and Gender reassignment
- Race, colour, nationality, ethic or national origins
- Marriage, paternity or civil partnership
- Sexual Orientation
- Those living in or leaving care
- Young carers (young parents or those caring for a family member)
- Young offenders or ex-offenders
- Those from low socio-economic backgrounds (for example entrenched unemployment) or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be relevant to performance
We also seek to ensure that no employee is victimised or subjected to any form of bullying or harassment in the workplace.
HH Construction (Groundwork Contractors) Ltd is committed to positive action to promote equality of opportunity in employment to regularly monitor the results of this commitment.
It is the responsibility of all at HH Construction (Groundwork Contractors) Ltd to work together towards combating all forms of discrimination by ensuring that Equality and Diversity is adhered to and all incidents of discrimination are reported through the appropriate channels to ensure a positive impact.
HH Construction (Groundwork Contractors) Ltd Directors take responsibility for endorsing that Equality and Diversity Compliance within the workforce and takes responsibility for the communication of policies and actions to all employees.
All staff take responsibility for ensuring the Equality and Diversity is a consistent theme across all areas of work, and to promote equality and diversity to the wider community.